On this episode of our 2018 year end series ‘Merry Dripmas’ we are joined by a very special guest Nicola Davies from Mixcloud fame, we discuss:
- Why is so much music being released at one time?
- Must you drop or die?
- Do albums matter any more?
- The importance of the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
- Has streaming killed the traditional album? State of music industry revisited…
- What role does Soundcloud, Mixcloud and streaming more generally have to play in future of releases?
- Was Drake’s ‘More Life’ the catalyst for this shift?
- Does an artist need to be prolific to be successful? (e.g. DMX in 1998)
- Broaden the scope away from just hip hop
Also available on iTunes at LAFV Talks